Yoga is an ancient physical and spiritual activity and branch of philosophy that originated in India reportedly more than 5,000 years ago. It is an activity that increases your flexibility, strengthens your muscles, centers your thoughts, and relaxes and calms you. Yoga uses asanas (postures) which is focused on specific body parts. It also includes pranayama (breathing techniques), it helps to integrate the body with mind and mind with soul. The asanas (postures or poses) in Yoga helps condition your body. There are thousands of yoga poses, and these poses are called kriyas (actions), mudras (seals), and bandhas (locks). A kriya (actions) focuses on the effort necessary to move energy up and down the spine. In Yoga, mudra is a gesture or movement to hold energy or concentrate awareness; and a bandha (locks) uses the technique of holding muscular contractions to focus awareness.
Yoga focuses on your mind by teaching you to concentrate on specific parts of the body. It uses controlled breathing as a way to merge your mind, body, and spirit. The breathing techniques are called pranayamas. In this technique, “Prana” means energy or life force, and “Yama” means social ethics. It is believed that the controlled breathing technique of pranayamas will control the energy flow in your body. The controlled breathing helps you to focus on muscles that are working. And during savasana, it slows down your heart rate, calms your mind, and leads to a deep, inner calm and sense of relaxation.
Yoga is a great complement to the Aerobic exercise and resistance exercise. You can learn it in the Yoga class at Patrachar Group of Institutions. We suggest that you might be completely surprised at the benefits you experience at our Yoga class. At our class, we have experienced and helpful instructor. A helpful instructor will keep an eye on you and physically assist you with Yoga poses if you need it. It can make all the difference in the world if the instructor pays attention when you are struggling with your work.
What Equipment do you need for Yoga?
- Mats: Yoga is done on the bare feet on a Yoga mat. You will need a sticky rubber mat to keep you from slipping.
- Towel: Bring a towel with you to your Yoga class. It might be used to wipe away sweat, or even roll it up for support under your neck.
- Straps: These are made of cotton and useful for stretching and holding poses. Straps are useful particularly for poses with your legs.
Health Benefits of Yoga
There are so many health benefits of doing Yoga:
- Yoga can help to improve and maintain the health of your muscles, joints, and organs
- It keeps your mind healthy
- After Yoga, you will get a better sleep in the night
- It improves performance and prevents injuries in sports
- Yoga can help to prevent conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and auto-immune disorders
- It slows down the negative effects of an office job
- It increases your sense of happiness and well being
- Yoga increases your body strength and flexibility
- It also helps to reduce your body weight and body fat