“NIOS On Demand Exam For 10th and 12th Class”
NIOS Admission Enquiry
NIOS On Demand Exam System
The NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) has certain significant features in its education system. NIOS board has been doing various innovations like NIOS On Demand Exam System (NIOS ODE) in the evaluation system to maintain its credibility and standards. The NIOS On Demand Exam System (ODES) at the Secondary level (Class 10th) and the Senior Secondary (Class 12th) level for the registered candidates is the best innovation of NIOS Admission. At NIOS, an innovative opportunity for class 10th and class 12th students is available in which students have a chance of selecting the exam dates when they are prepared for exam any time during the year and passing the exam with high marks.
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has been working on the concept of NIOS On Demand Exam (ODE) at Secondary Level since the year 2003 in the area of its feasibility and operationalization. Similarly, the first experiment, NIOS started the On Demand Exam (ODE) for students spread over the class 10th so that they could not afford precious time in the absence of good marks. After the success of the On Demand Examination for class 10th students, the NIOS board started it in Senior Secondary (Class 12th) level in the year 2007. Today NIOS On Demand Examination System (ODES) has become a familiar name for students spread over the country.
Also Read: How On Demand Examination is Conducted?
The Concept of NIOS On Demand Exam System (ODES)
National Institute of Open Schooling is the largest Open School in the world in terms of enrolment of students. NIOS is an autonomous organization, constituted under the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRD), Government of India. The concept of the ODES is a great step in the direction of flexibility to the open and distance learning. This will make the total system of examination independent of the time frame. Also, it will help the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation. The basic concept of NIOS On Demand Exam System is that the student who takes admission in NIOS can walk into the examination center as and when he or she feels ready for the examination.
For students who have already registered in the NIOS board can appear for On-Demand Examination any time after the first public exam whenever they are ready to appear. NIOS On Demand Exam System is the best opportunity for those students who have failed in class 10th or 12th. And now they want to pass their class 10th or 12th examination in the same year. NIOS board emphasizes the setting up of the individual question on the question paper of good quality. This process facilitates the development of quality question bank.
NIOS On-Demand Exam System is based on the Software Application Programme. All the question papers of On Demand Examination are stored in an encrypted form on the Software Application Programme. These question papers are decrypted only by this Programme. The main function of the ODE Application Programme is to generate a unique set of Question paper for each student.
Admission in NIOS On Demand Exam System
Respectively every month, NIOS Board conducts class 10th and class 12th exams. These exams are conducted according to NIOS On Demand Examination date sheet selected by the students according to their preparation. The students can select the particular exams according to their preparation for appearing in the exam and passing it. This will reduce their waiting time to just 2 months, as the On Demand Examination result will be announced immediately at the end of the immediate next month. Students need not wait for a whole year.
Admission in NIOS On Demand Examination is held in the two streams, Stream- 3 and Stream- 4. The admissions in these two streams are mutually exclusive. So, students can only opt for one of them according to their requirement and eligibility.
1. Stream- 3:
This stream of On Demand Examination is open throughout the year for students who have already passed the Class 10th. And now they wish to take part admission for On Demand Examination in one subject or up to 4 subjects, for updating their marks of previous board exam. On Demand Examination Stream- 3 is for those students who had appeared but could not clear the exam. This is also for those students who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of class 10th. And now they want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS for the Secondary level.
The students have to submit their admission form (filled from online mode or offline mode) along with the original failed mark sheet or admit card (Hall Ticket) issued by the board for confirmation of the admission. The students registered under stream- 3 will be eligible for TOC (Transfer of Credit) as per the guidelines and conditions are given in NIOS Prospectus.
2. Stream- 4:
This stream for admission in NIOS On Demand Examination System is open throughout the year. This is for those students who have already passed Senior Secondary Examination from any recognized Board. If students have got less marks in their previous class 12th exam from any other board. And they want to take part admission for ODE in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their marks. Those students also can take admission in NIOS ODE who had appeared in the public examination from any other board. But could not clear or those students who were eligible but could not appear in the public examination of the Senior Secondary level from any other board in the same subject combination in which they had appeared in previous board exam. And now they want to appear through On Demand Examination System Stream- 4 of NIOS at Senior Secondary Level.
The students have to submit their admission form (filled from online mode or offline mode) along with the original failed mark sheet or admit card (Hall Ticket) of the previous board issued by the board for confirmation of the admission. The students registered under stream-4 will be eligible for TOC as per the guidelines which are given in NIOS Prospectus.
NIOS Admission Enquiry
Advantages of NIOS On Demand Exam System
Although, until now, it has been understood that the ODE is a great opportunity for many board exam failed students. But, still, we have many questions in our mind. So, let’s take a look at some of the advantages associated with NIOS on Demand Examination before moving forward.
- There is no restriction of time in the On Demand Examination. Therefore, through On Demand Examination System, whenever the students want to go ahead for examination, they give exam for class 10th or class 12th on the basis of their preparation.
- In On Demand Examination, you have to appear only in those subjects in which you are fail or you did not score well in your previous board exam. In this way, there is no burden on you and you don’t need to give exams for all the subjects.
- Another benefit of this exam is the scheme of credit transfer. In this scheme, the maximum two pass subjects of the previous board exam are transfer to the NIOS result. So, the student has to appear only in 3 subjects in NIOS On Demand Examination.
- On Demand Examination removes the threat of failure in examination. It also removes the frustration from the mind of students, loss of self-esteem, peer group ridicule, depression etc.
Transfer of Credit (TOC) Facility
If you are taking admission in NIOS board On Demand Examination from any stream such as Stream- 1 or Stream- 2, you shall have another benefit of credit transfer. In Transfer of Credit (TOC) scheme, the marks of the subjects you passed in your previous board exam transferred (maximum of 2 subjects from previous board exam mark sheet) in your NIOS On Demand Examination result and you have to appear only in failed subjects. Here you can take another advantage from NIOS On Demand Examination System to change your subject. If you feel that the subject in which you were failed in your previous board exam is difficult. So, you can change the difficult subject from the easier one.
Registration for NIOS On Demand Exam (ODE)
- To avail the facility of NIOS On Demand Examination System (ODES), the student has to register as a bonafide student of NIOS having the Enrolment Number and a valid Identity Card.
- The registration for On-Demand Examination is available for existing students through Online mode only. In order to know the registration procedure of ODE, you may visit the official website of NIOS.
- The students of Stream-1 Block-I & II can seek online registration of ODE only after April/May and October/November public examinations.
- For appearing in On Demand Examination, the student must bring the Original Identity Card issued by the NIOS board. The Identity Card is accepted along with any other photo identity proof i.e., Driving Licence, Voter Identity Card, Passport, Aadhaar.
- For On Demand Examination, the student must submit the complete print out of the computer generated application form of ODE.
Note: The student who registers under the Stream- 3 or Stream- 4 will allow appearing in the Examination only through On Demand Examination mode. The above student will not allow appearing Public Examination which conducts during the month of October/November and April/May.
The Examination fee for NIOS On Demand Exam
- On Demand Examination fee for the Secondary level is Rs. 500/- + Rs. 200/- extra for subject involving practical.
- On Demand Examination fee for the Senior Secondary level is Rs. 500/- + Rs. 200/- extra for subject involving practical.
- You can pay On Demand Examination fee either through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The Mark Sheets and other result related documents will prepare only for overall pass candidates. Other candidates who want Mark Sheet can send their request through an application attaching the internet printout and bank draft of Rs. 100/- to the Assistant Director of NIOS.
Certification Criteria of NIOS On Demand Exam
In order to pass in a subject from NIOS On Demand Examination and get a certificate of Secondary or Senior Secondary courses, the criteria of certification laid down by NIOS are given below:
- For Class 10th: A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate including theory and practical (wherever applicable) in Public Examination. The student obtains marks in Internal Assessment will show separately in the NIOS Mark Sheet. For NIOS certificate, the student should pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.
- For Class 12th: A minimum 33% in aggregate and as well as separately in theory and practical in Public Examination. The student obtains marks in Internal Assessment will show separately in the NIOS Mark Sheet. For NIOS certificate, the student should pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.
Documents Required for NIOS On Demand Exam System
- Original failed mark sheet of class 10th or class 12th if passed in one or two subjects
- Original admit card of class 10th or class 12th if failed in all subjects
- Photocopy of class 10th mark sheet and passing certificate for class 12th ODE admission
- 4 coloured passport size photographs of the applicant
- Aadhar card of the student, guardian/parents
- Photocopy of address proof