NIOS Admission Open For 10th and 12th Class
NIOS Admission Enquiry
NIOS Board Admission
The online application process of National Institute of Open Schooling for the academic session 2018-2019 has started. NIOS Board Admission offers various courses such as secondary (class 10), senior secondary (class 12) as well as vocational courses. Furthermore, the students who failed in class 10th or class 12th board examinations, they can also take On Demand Examinations. They can take ODE to pass class 10th or class 12th board examinations in the same year of other board. For taking NIOS Board Admission to any course, students need to register for it and the application form for NIOS admission is available online as well as offline mode. Students who want to take NIOS Admission can check here for all the application procedure and information related to NIOS board admission:
About National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is an autonomous institution in India. It is constituted under the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (HRD), Government of India. NIOS is headquartered at Noida, and it has regional offices at different places to cater to the various states and union territories. It has more than six thousand study centers spread all over the country. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is based on the distance and open learning system. Basically, this board is establish for the purpose of enabling people to get the education or continue their education if it discontinued due to any reason. It conducts the national board examination at two levels: secondary and senior secondary. The secondary level is equivalent to the ICSE, CBSE, SSLC, and other class 10 board examinations. The senior secondary level is equivalent to the class 12th of any national and state board of education.
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is the best option for all those students who failed in class 9th or class 11th and they want to take direct admission in class 10th or class 12th. NIOS is an educational institute working with a motto to help those students who are school dropouts or failed from regular schools or who are unable to continue their school education due to their personal reasons. But now they want to complete their school education of class 10th and 12th. NIOS always encourage these students and guide them to acquire the higher education with confidence. NIOS provide this opportunity for admission in class 10th or class 12th. So that students can continue their education even after failures or dropouts from school.
About NIOS Admission
The NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) takes conscious steps to provide the quality education to all the students in India. The Government of India has vested in NIOS the authority to conduct Public Examinations and provide the Secondary and the Senior Secondary level certificates. Which are equivalent to the certificates provided by any other board of school education such as CBSE or ICSE. The NIOS board conducts Public Examinations twice in a year. NIOS also conducts On Demand Examination in which students are eligible to give examination as when they are ready for the exam.
The NIOS board admission is available in 4 types of Streams- Stream- 1, Stream- 2, Stream- 3 and Stream- 4. The Stream- 3 and Stream- 4 come under the On Demand Examination Category. All the students who want to take NIOS Board Admission should have to understand their category. So that they can understand that in which Stream they have to take admission. And according to that, they will take admission in their respective streams easily.
The NIOS admission in Stream- 1 is available for the fresh learners who want to take direct admission in National Institute of Open Schooling for passing their class 10th or class 12th. All the students who have failed in their class 9th school examination and want to take direct admission in class 10th from NIOS board can apply for NIOS Board Stream- 1 Admission. Similarly, all those students who failed in class 11th school examination can take direct admission in class 12th from NIOS board Stream- 1 admission.
The admissions under NIOS Stream-1 are divided into two blocks, Block- I and Block- II:
- The examinations of NIOS Board admission for Block- I students are held in the month of April and May
- For Block- II students, the examinations are held in the month of October and November of the admission year.
NIOS Board Stream- 2 is meant only for those students who have failed in their board exams of class 10th or class 12th from CBSE board or any other recognized state or central board in India. If any student has failed in board exam of class 10th or class 12th then according to the rules of CBSE or any other board, students can appear in the same board exam again in the next year. In this system, students have lost their one precious year of education and they are bound to re-appear in the next year for the same exam for all the subjects even if they have passed in 2 or more subjects.
- NIOS admission stream- 2 is the way through which you can save a whole precious year of your education.
- As under this stream, a student failed from any recognized board can appear in board exams of class 10th or class 12th within the same year only in failed subjects.
- In NIOS admission Stream- 2, students also have a benefit of TOC (Transfer of Credit).
- Under the credit transfer scheme of NIOS, the marks or grades of the subjects in which the student is passed are transferred to the NIOS board (maximum of 2 subjects). So that the student has to appear only in the failed subjects within the same year.
On Demand Examination (Stream- 3 & Stream- 4):
Through NIOS Admission On Demand Examination, there is no more need for the student to wait for a whole year to give the exam. This stream of NIOS board reduces your exam stress and burden. In this On Demand Examination stream, students also have the facility of credit transfer (TOC). In TOC, if students are passed in 1 or more subjects in their previous board exams, the marks of the maximum of two passes subjects can be transferred and a student has to appear only in 3 subjects.
The On Demand Examination System (ODES) helps you to appear in the NIOS board exams when you find yourself well prepared for the exam. Under this, you can appear in the examination at any time during the year according to your preparations and wish.
1. Stream- 3:
This Stream of On Demand Examination System for NIOS admission is open throughout the year for those students or learners who have already passed their secondary school (class 10th) from any recognized board. And want to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their marks or grades. On Demand Examination Stream- 3 is meant for those students who had appeared but could not clear or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of the Secondary level (class 10th) from any recognized board. And now they want to appear in class 10th board exam through On Demand Examination System of NIOS board.
2. Stream- 4:
This stream of NIOS On Demand Examination is open throughout the year for those students who have already passed the Senior Secondary (class 12th) from any recognized board. But they are not satisfied with their marks and now they wish to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their marks. Stream- 4 is meant for those students who had appeared but could not clear or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public examination of the class 12th from any recognized board. And want to appear through On Demand Examination System of NIOS at the Senior Secondary level.
NIOS Admission Enquiry
The NIOS Examination
NIOS conducts public examination twice in a year. The first exam conducts in the month of April and May, and second is conduct in October and November. All the students who take NIOS board admission are allowed a maximum of nine chances across a maximum of five years to complete their examinations. They can appear for as one subject or as many subjects at a time as they wish. Students who do not complete the examinations in all their chosen subjects within the specified period, they can re-apply for the examination and they have their examination credits transferred in the new mark sheet. In NIOS Public Examination, most of the questions are require short answers or you can give answers in points. The subjects such as science, geography, word processing, home science, and painting are having the practical examination.
The examiners tend to be lenient in their standards, understanding the special needs of the students who appear. To pass in the NIOS examination, students require scoring a minimum of 33%. A question paper for National Institute of Open Schooling Public Examination will be generated from a question-bank prescribed by NIOS. The professional and experienced teachers of NIOS board will examine the question-bank. The advantages of NIOS open schooling system are enormous. The students who are enrolled with NIOS can appear in the examination when they are ready to give the examination. The pressure of the examination on the student is less, and the student is allowed to appear as often as he wants if he wants to improve his performance.
Subjects Offered by NIOS
Regular schools of any recognized board such as CBSE require students to study all the subjects in the curriculum. Students who studied in regular schools have to study two languages, science, mathematics, and social studies. Each subject may have more than one paper. The state or central boards of education with which regular schools are registered, allow an exemption from the second language for students with a language disability. Some of the boards require the magnitude of this language disability to exceed 50% to qualify for the exemption. No central board or state board allow exemptions from science or mathematics, such as for students with the arithmetic disorder.
In contrast of regular school boards, the NIOS board requires students to study a minimum of five and a maximum of seven subjects. There is a very wide range of subjects on offer from NIOS board. Therefore, students have much flexibility in selecting areas of subjects in which they are able to attempt an examination. Students are also allow to change subjects midway through the course if they are unhappy with their choice of subject.
- The student can choose subjects for secondary (class 10th) examination of NIOS board admission from the following list. Anyone or two of 15 different languages, mathematics, science, social studies, economics, business studies, psychology, home science, typewriting (either of two languages), word processing (either of two languages), and Indian culture and heritage.
- The students can choose subjects for senior secondary (class 12th) examination of NIOS board admission from the following list. Anyone or two of three different languages, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, history, geography, computer science, political science, economics, commerce, accounts, home science, sociology, typewriting (any of three languages), word processing, stenography (any of three languages), secretarial practice, psychology, and painting.
Objectives of NIOS Board Admission
- The main objective of NIOS board is to provide education to individuals who could not complete their education due to any personal or financial reason.
- NIOS focuses to impart formal education to the children from rural areas where school education is not facilitate.
- NIOS admission is the best choice for those students who failed in qualifying examination of class 10th or class 12th from any recognized board.
- Students can complete their class 10th or class 12th in the same year with On Demand examination facility of NIOS.
- NIOS board provides the opportunity to the many students of education by open schooling and distance learning with self-learning materials.
Know More: 12 Main Objectives of NIOS Board
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility criteria set by NIOS, for those students who want to take admission in NIOS. Students have to clear all these criteria to get admission in the Secondary and the Senior Secondary Level.
- For Secondary Level Admission:
- The minimum age requires taking admission in the Secondary (class 10th) Course is 14 years in the year in which you want to take admission.
- If a student who has passed class 8th and he has a valid proof of attaining 14 years of age. Then he can apply for the application to the Secondary Course.
- Students who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS board either to complete their course or to improve their marks and performance.
- For Senior Secondary Level Admission:
- The minimum age requires taking admission in the Senior Secondary (class 12th) Course is 15 years in the year in which you want to take admission.
- To take admission in the Senior Secondary course, the student must have passed the Secondary course from any recognized board.
How to Apply for NIOS Board Admission
Students can apply for NIOS board admission through online as well as offline mode. Here you can check complete process of NIOS board admission:
- At first, students need to visit the official website of NIOS and register themselves for admissions to any course. For registration, students have to fill their e-mail Id and set a password for the portal access.
- After visit NIOS official website, click on “Admission” tab and select the stream in which you want to take admission. National Institute of Open Schooling has 4 streams such as Stream- 1, Stream- 2, Stream- 3 and Stream- 4. Stream- 1 is for new students and Stream- 2 is for students who have already appeared but could not pass. Stream- 3 is for ODE at the secondary level and Stream- 4 is for ODE at Senior Secondary Level.
- Now, you can proceed to login and fill in the application form. Also, students can apply for Transfer of Credits (TOC) facility in the same application form for NIOS Board Admission.
- After complete all the application process for admission, now the student can pay the application and course fee.
- You can pay the application fee either in online mode using Debit Card or Credit Card of VISA or Master payment system only and through Net Banking of any of the Indian Nationalised Bank.
- Also, you can pay the application fee through offline mode using Demand Draft (DD) of any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of the Secretary.
- Now you need to submit all the details and get a print copy of the application form. You have to send the application form after enclosing it with the required documents and 2 photographs.
- To apply for offline NIOS admission, you need to visit NIOS official website and click on “Admission” tab and select on the Offline admission form.
- You will go to a new page with the Offline application form link. You need to click on this link and download the application form.
- After downloading the blank application form from the website, students need to fill the form in their own handwriting completely and affix the photograph and sign at the specified spaces.
- You need to enclose the filled in application with required documents and Demand Draft (DD) and send it on the address mentioned below:
A 24/25, Institutional Area
Sector-62, NOIDA – 201309
NIOS Online Admission Application Fee (Without Late Fee)
Know more: NIOS Admission Fee Structure