At present, it is a time of scoring high marks in secondary or senior secondary exams. Due to heavy competition, board exams are really tough to score if you do not study well. Unlike other board exams, NIOS does not have any such reputation of being difficult to score marks in their exams. The NIOS exam is really easy, but not means that you do not have to study. You can score good marks in NIOS exam if you concentrate on your studies with a little hard work.
NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is an educational board, it is constituted under the ministry of HRD (Human Resource Development), Government of India. It is a national certified board that organizes examinations for Secondary and Senior Secondary of open schools. NIOS conducts the Public Exam twice in a year, one in April/May and second exam in October/November. NIOS also conducts On-Demand Examination in which students can appear in only that paper in which they have failed in their previous board exams.
Tips to get a Good Score in NIOS Exam:
- There is no shortcut for hard work. If you want to get success, you would have to do hard work in the right direction. Like this, if you want to score a good percentage in NIOS exam, you would have to concentrate on your study.
- If you want to pass the NIOS exam with a good score, try to study on a regular basis and give special attention to those subjects in which you are weak.
- If you are weak in the study or failed in your previous board exam, it is advisable to you while joining NIOS is that, do not take any of the difficult subjects. Take the right decision while selecting the subjects and don’t make it harder by choosing the difficult subjects. Just choose those subjects which you could understand well and explain properly in exams.
- Find out previous years question papers, sample papers and guides, and study regularly from these papers. These study materials contain all the possible questions which can be asked in the upcoming exam. You can download study materials from the official website of NIOS (https://nios.ac.in/).
- To pass NIOS exam, you have to write answers very point to point. Understanding of questions and writing relevant answer is must; so that you can get a good score.
Passing Criteria for NIOS Secondary Course (Class 10th):
- A student must score a minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate in the NIOS exam which includes theory and practical where applicable.
- A student must pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.
Passing Criteria for NIOS Senior Secondary Course (Class 12th):
- A student must score at least 33% marks in the NIOS exam, which includes separately theory and practical in subjects having both and also in aggregate.
- A student must pass in 5 subjects, including at least one but not more than two languages.