About BBOSE (Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination)
The Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE) were establish in February 2011 by an autonomous organization of Bihar Education Department. Bihar Open Board is an ‘Open and Distance Learning Institution’ under the Societies Act of the Society registered by the government. The purpose of setting up this board is to establish a ‘National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)‘ in Bihar. The BBOSE admission provide the Open and Distance Learning in Bihar. This Board has been deprived of Bihar’s education by giving special attention to the socio-economic and religious sections of the backward regions to reach education and skill.
The Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination also develops educational materials and books, which are related to all levels of the formal school system. It develops study materials from class 1 to Class 12. BBOSE has been set up for open and distance learning at the school level with the effect of a combination of the State Council of Educational Research and Training and the Bihar School Examination Board.
Features of BBOSE
BBOSE has many unique and specific features, which separates it from all other formal school boards:
- Apart from secondary and higher secondary programs, BBOSE provides vocational and skill training. It also offers direct class 5th and further classes (but for the class below degree level).
- It also allows the combination of vocational courses along with academic subjects of class 10th and class 12th.
- This free education board offers diplomas and certificates for various academic and vocational courses, which is available for the various duration and qualification levels.
- Facilities of study centers are available in 38 districts of Bihar State under BBOSE.
- BBOSE also offers various life enrichment courses in different categories.
- Among other innovative features of BBOSE, special programs are to reach out to disadvantaged groups like Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, economically backward class, minority, nomadic group, river population.
- Keeping in mind the needs of the population of Bihar, the programs which are done at the academic and professional level, are available for pre-primary, basic education, secondary, senior secondary, vocational education, life enrichment etc.
BBOSE Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants who want to get admission in Higher Secondary Education (HSC) must have completed Senior Secondary Education (SSC) exam from a recognized board. After completing SSC exam applicants should have passed class 11th from a recognized university.
- However, applicants must have passed class 9th from a primary school located in the state of Bihar in order to get admission in Senior Secondary Education class in different universities.
- For class 10th admission the age of the applicant must be at least 14 years.
- For class 12th admission the age of the applicant must be at least 15 years.
- The applicant should be score minimum 50% marks from a recognized board in order to apply for the admission procedure.
- The reserved category applicants should have score minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- At the time of admission, applicants must hold a valid medical fitness certificate approved by a known doctor or medical center.
BBOSE Admission & Registration
The Bihar Board was organized along the lines of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The official authorities of the Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE) conduct an admission procedure with an aim to provide admission to the eligible applicants in Higher Secondary Education (HSC) and Senior Secondary Education (SSC) in different government and private universities and institutions located in the state of Bihar.
Applicants who want to get admission in the Secondary or Higher Secondary class needs to appear for the Admission and Registration Procedure conducted by the official authorities of the Bihar Board. The Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination conducts an entrance exam for the eligible applicants in order to provide admission to the eligible applicants in their respective courses. However, applicants who want to get admission in class 10th and class 12th need to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the BBOSE. The Board will provide admission to the eligible applicants on the basis of the marks secured by the applicants in the entrance exam.
Applicants who scored good marks in the entrance exam will be eligible to get admission in the institution. The BBOSE organizes the entrance exam twice in a year that is in the month of June and in the month of December. Eligible applicants will be able to get complete information and notification related to the admission procedure on the official website of the BBOSE. All information will be updating thereby the official authorities of the BBOSE for the reference of the applicants.
BBOSE Application Form Procedure
Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE) is an autonomous body in the state of Bihar. The Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination provides distance education from Class 1st to Class 12th. There are many students who are not able to continue their regular education due to some personal or financial reasons. Now, if they apply through BBOSE, they will be able to continue their education through distance learning program. All interested students need to check BBOSE Class 10th or Class 12th Admission Form. BBOSE Admission Form is available on the official website of BBOSE. They need to fill the form soon with the respective fees.
The candidates who have successfully passed the examinations of Class 9th will be able to apply for the BBOSE admission for class 10th. Similarly, the candidates who have successfully passed the Class 11th can apply for BBOSE 12th class admission. The interested candidates should regularly check the official website of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination for any updates on the BBOSE admission for class 10th or class 12th. The passing certificate of class 10th and class 12th holds importance in the career path of the students. For the higher studies, the passing certificate of class 10th and class 12th is very compulsory. Every college asks for the certificate of class 10th and class 12th.
How to Download and Fill BBOSE Application Form
The Process of Downloading and filling the BBOSE Application Form is shown in the points below:
- Go to the official website of BBOSE i.e. www.bbose.org
- On the main page of the website, you will go to the link of “Student Support”.
- Under the “Admission” menu, you will go the link of “Form”.
- Click on the relevant link.
- BBOSE class 10th and 12th Application Form will be display in the form of PDF
- Download the Application Form as per your class standard.
- Take a printout of the Application form.
- Fill the required details in the Application Form in the English Language in Block Letters.
- Attach your one recent passport size photograph within the size as mentioned.
- Submit the Application Form to the respective colleges within the specified dates.
BBOSE Admission Fee
In the sixth meeting of the executive committee of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination Patna, has taken a decision for the Application and Examination Fee of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. You can check the Application and Examination Fee structure of your respective course by clicking the following link:
BBOSE Exam Date
The headquarter of Bihar Open School is in Patna, Bihar. The Bihar Open Schooling and Examination (BBOSE) is a registered board. Under the Societies Act, this Board has been set up under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government on the lines of the National Resource Development Institute (NIOS). BBOSE takes the Bihar Open Board exam every year. BBOSE conducts examinations for both classes of 10th and 12th. The BBOSE exam is organized in two rounds. The first exam is held in the month of June and the second exam is held in December. The timetable for the BBOSE exam has been issue by the Bihar Board of Open School.
- Studtents can download BBOSE Examination Application Form from the official site of BBOSE.
- The exam schedule of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination will be release on the official site of BBOSE for Secondary and Senior Secondary examination.
- The students appearing Bihar Open Board Examination can download the exam schedule from the official website. The schedule also will be provide by the school authority as well.
- Bihar Open Board Routine/Time Table will be held in two shifts. The first shift will be from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The second shift will be 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- The aspirant can visit the official website to check the Routine for Secondary and Senior Secondary examination which the board has released.
- The timetable of practical and theory will be release for all the streams of the class 12th.
- The timetable will be release approx. 5 to 6 weeks in advance so that the candidates can prepare well for the board examination.
BBOSE Exam Result
Results for the secondary and higher secondary examinations of Bihar Open Board are declaring every year in June and December. All those students who sit in annual exams can see their results as per the direction are given below:
- Visit the official website of BBOSE i.e. bbose.org and click on Student Support
- Then click on the Result tab and a new page of ‘Results‘ will open
- Please click on the link to your session in which you are sitting in the examination such that June 2018 or December 2018
- The link will open a new tab, then click where you can see the exam results by entering your exam related information
- For exam related information, students can click on the roll number or registered enrollment number of their examination session.
- Click on “Submit” button, after which you can see your BBOSE exam results and download your mark sheets as well.
Is BBOSE a registered board in Bihar?
The Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination is an autonomous organization of Bihar Education Department. It is a registered government society established under societies act.
Does IIT accept passing certificates from BBOSE?
Yes, IIT and other private and government institute accept the BBOSE passing certificate. With BBOSE certificate, you can take admission in any private or government institute.
Is BBOSE is valid everywhere?
BBOSE is a recognized board in India. Candidate passed class 12th from a recognized board are eligible to appear in any entrance examination.
Does NDA accept the passing certificate from BBOSE?
Yes, BBOSE certificates are acceptable by every private and government organization. You can apply for any competitive exam or government jobs.
Can BBOSE students take the CLAT exam?
Yes, the students of Bihar Board of Open Schooling and Examination after clear 12th also take CLAT exam. As per the criteria of the CLAT exam, candidates should have passed Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).