NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is one of the largest Open Schooling System for Secondary and Senior Secondary students. NIOS is constituted under the ministry of HRD (Human Resource Development), Government of India. Head Quarter of NIOS being situated at Noida. There are various objectives of NIOS board which makes it better as other education board.
Objectives of NIOS Board:
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) focuses to prepare the learner to reach their aim of career with full potential and excellent marks.
- A good education provides the learner a path of career through which they can succeed in their skills and develop a wide range of interest in various areas.
- The objectives of NIOS Board is to provide education in the village areas. There are many intelligent students in our society who do not have the proper resource for education. NIOS provides a scope to all those students who cannot get the better education due to poverty.
- NIOS is preparing to contribute to India’s efforts for Universal Elementary Education by focusing on its foundation courses and joining in the country with Non-formal Education and alternative schooling systems.
- The purpose of NIOS is to evaluate the processes of the course development, learner support and assessment systems used in the Open Schooling System.
- NIOS work hard to promote open schooling at the national and global level and to strengthen the Open and Distance Learning system through Research and Development activities.
- NIOS has objective to provide the best possible teaching and learning environment to the students so that they can serve the society effectively and avail the flexibility in education in terms of place and duration.
- One of the main objectives of NIOS board is to provide Vocational Courses and training to its students which are career oriented so that students/learners could gain knowledge in a practical way about a specific job area.
- NIOS focuses to develop as a center of excellence in the area of teaching, training, and research related to literature and allied branches of knowledge in various languages.
- The objectives of NIOS board is to certify institutions to develop effective learner support system for facilitating learning to the pre-degree level.
- The objectives of NIOS board is to inspect the nature and type of academic courses vocational courses offered by the Open Schooling system in the country and their connection with the higher learning, living, productivity and development.
- One of the biggest objectives of NIOS board is to provide a chance for failed students. It saves a year of failed students which can be ruined in their previous board exam of the secondary or senior secondary.