NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is the largest Open School in the world in terms of enrolment. NIOS is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. Open schooling facilitates those students who have failed in their previous board examination. NIOS offers On Demand Examination (ODE) that provides one more opportunity for these students to save a year in their education. Implementation of the On Demand Examination is a learner-centric, learner-friendly and stress-free examination system.
12 Facts About On Demand Examination (ODE):
- NIOS conducts ODE in which students can appear in only that paper in which they have failed in their board exams. The marks of the other passed subjects in board exams will be transferred to the NIOS certificate.
- The main concept of On Demand Examination System (ODES) is that Students can give the exam as and when they feel ready for the examination. NIOS On Demand Examination gives the opportunity to students to choose the date of their examination.
- On-Demand Examination of NIOS is a great step in the direction of flexibility to the open and distance learning. This will make the total system of examination independent of the time frame and it will help the student to take up the examinations as per their wish and preparation.
- Under On Demand Examination, a unique set of question paper is generated randomly by the computer on the day of the examination on the basis of question bank provided by NIOS and the blueprint of the subject. The question paper is unique for each student.
- In NIOS On-Demand Examination (ODE), there is no need to wait for six months like the conventional examination system. In ODES, students can choose the dates of exams as per their preparation.
- NIOS conducts On-Demand Examination every month except April/May and October/November. Examination Days for theory paper are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (For Regional Centres) and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for HQ NOIDA. Practical exams are schedule every Friday or Saturday on weekly basis.
- After calculating the marks and due processing, the On-Demand Examination result will declare and publish through NIOS website during the last week of every month for the examinations conducts during the last month.
- For the successful implementation of On Demand Examination, a comprehensive Question Bank in each subject has been develope based on the question paper design and the blueprint of the subject. NIOS emphasizes the setting up of the individual question of good quality. This process facilitates the development of quality question bank.
- On-Demand Examination reduces the fear of failure in exams. On-Demand Examination also removes frustration and depression that are generally characterize by the regular board exams.
- Registration of NIOS On-Demand Examination is open on the first working day of every month.
- In the case of any omission in marks and certification, Re-Checking or Re-Evaluation is also allowed in On-Demand Examination (ODE) as per the NIOS examination norms. The candidate may apply to the Director regarding this on the NIOS website.
- On Demand Examination System is based on Software Application Programme. All the question papers are store in an encrypt form and decrypt only by the Software Application Programme. The main function of the ODE Application Programme is to generate a unique set of Question paper for each student.